Work With US
Experienced Sales Associate – Lasting Impressions Gifts
As the public face of the company the sales associate is responsible for dealing with any and all customer questions about the products and services the company offers. A sales associate is expected to be continuously updating their knowledge of the company products, services, and policies.
Sales Associate reports to Store Operation Manager.
Complaint handling is a critical part of this position. Turning a frustrated customer into a happy customer, while adhering to company policies, requires a combination of empathy and tact.
Another key responsibility is maintaining the presentation of the sales floor, products, signage, and displays.
Sales Associate Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Greeting customers, responding to questions, improving engagement with merchandise and providing outstanding customer service.
- Operating cash registers, managing financial transactions, and balancing cash drawers.
- Achieving established goals.
- Directing customers to merchandise within the store.
- Increasing in store sales.
- Superior product knowledge.
- Comfortable with using technology and the SHOPIFY store system.
- Maintaining an orderly appearance throughout the sales floor.
- Introducing promotions and opportunities to customers.
- Cross-selling products to increase purchase amounts.
- Having knowledge of or willingness to learn to wrap gifts, giftsets, gift baskets
Sales Associate Requirements:
- Must be fully vaccinated (includes current booster) against Covid-19
- High school diploma.
- 2-3 years retail sales experience preferred
- Solid communication and inter-personal skills
- Ability to speak French an asset
- A professional appearance.
- Maintain a positive attitude and focus on customer satisfaction in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to multi-task
- The ability to stand and walk for extended periods of time and be able to lift product boxes.
- Recommended to have own transportation but not required for the job.
- Ideally lives within 15 minutes from the store.
- 15-25 hours per week on average.
- Typically 4 hour shifts
- Flexibility to work weekends